Effect to control Pan and Tilt

On our ELEMENT 2 I've created my own fixture profile for a U'KIng MH (10 chan). If I put different values into the pan and tilt, and save in a cue and the change those values and save in the next cue things look like they are working well. I can see the P&T moving from old to new positions. Now I would like make an effect that will repeatedly swing the lamp around between the two P&T positions. I suspect I should be looking at creating an absolute effect. Right/Wrong? And not sure how I get both fields changing at same time as I could in step based effects. IE Pan swinging back and forward with tilt going up and down.

Parents Reply Children
  • If pan and tilt are not running at the same speed, then plot two pan only FPs and two tilt only FPs and create one pan only effect and one tilt only effect. Run the two effects together. 

Remember to null all data but the attribute you need in the FPs

• Thanks to you and Wuz (above) I'm pressing on with FPs today to put this all together. My notes are looking very good now.

• OhOh too fast. 1st looking at Presets. Read definitions a couple of time but don't really understand the difference between {By Type} and {Absolute} a couple of example would be helpful.

• might be easier to understand if you start with palette as presets can refer to palletes and that's where the absolute comes in.   Say you've set a lamp to a particular pallet when you then record that as a preset, it could record the values of the parameter eg the pan value or it could record the reference to the pallete.  Advantage of the later is you could tweak the focus in the pallet and any presets using that pallet will change.

But sometime you don't want that to happen so then you make it absolute so them the actual value of say the pan parameter is recorded in the preset not the reference to the focus palette.

By type is something very different,  that allows you to record one channel of a particular fixture type in the pallete/preset and then it will apply to all the others of that type.  Often you do that with colour palletes as then you record one of each fixture type and then when you apply it they all come out as expected rather than needing to copy channels to each other to duplicate a colour across several lamps.

• I successfully recorded a couple of Presets changing my P&T and a couple of Color Palettes to change between red and green values. Not clean yet but well on way. I still cannot pick a color  using my ML Control Screen. It just sits on white! This was a split channel whereby White was 0<>9, Red 10<>19 and so on. I can put the DMX value in the Tombstone display. Definitely learned some stuff this am -thanks 

Related