Absolute Presets

I'm still having a problem understanding the Absolute thing. The book tells me when absolute pallets are recalled the data are absolute rather than referenced. When I record a Pallet for say a color mix - isn't that already absolute? So what else could be 'referenced'? And with Presets. I have a choice; I can record my Preset with real (absolute) data values or a reference to a Pallet. What happens to the referenced pallet if I save the preset as absolute and then, where does it get its absolute (real) data from?

Parents
  • In simple terms absolute means copy the values out of the palette into the cue, so they are there just as if you typed them in by hand.  if its not absolute then it puts the name of the palette in the cue and looks up the values when the cue is played.

Same applies when you setup a preset, copy them in from the palette or put the name of the palette in the preset

• In simple terms absolute means copy the values out of the palette into the cue, so they are there just as if you typed them in by hand.  if its not absolute then it puts the name of the palette in the cue and looks up the values when the cue is played.

Same applies when you setup a preset, copy them in from the palette or put the name of the palette in the preset

Children
Related