Editing Profiles

We are planning to use a Chauvet Swarm FX 4 (12). I found one quite easily and all the channels and in particular the User Ranges match nicely with the documentation.

Two questions (see picture); 

When I look at the Parameter list two rows (Color Index and Color Index 2) are gray rather than bright white - why is this? And

Is it possible to change the parameter names to something more intuitive to see when we in the ML Panel when we select in live?

For example row 1; "Color Index" would make mores sense if we could label it like the manual. In this case ""Moonflower 1 Control" The same for all the other rows. Or are we constrained by what is in the drop down list? I'm trying to make the operation as straight forward as possible so the operator has a better idea what they are controlling.

Parents
  • adding to what Therese wrote: you can only use existing parameter names. you can also not change the encoder category a parameter belongs to

• Thanks guys. It appears I was using Fx 4 in (12 MC) - (Re the grayed out rows). And I understand we have to use the parameter names. Might we put a request for the future to put in another field the customer can out in a name they like. And this would be visible in the ML controls area?

• Hi Robert,

I can certainly put in a feature request for custom parameter names. I'm unsure if there's a reason that Eos software cannot do this currently, but if we were able to customize parameter names (rather than choosing from an existing list) I imagine these would show up as expected in the ML tab. 

• As said in my first post, I uderstand the need for a hard list. But let's look at this FX machine; "Color Index" doesn't make a lot of sense to some people. But, if they could put their own description in a new field like "Moonflower 1" or Moonflower 2" it would be easier to operate the machine. Of couse a parameter name from the fixed list would be retained as a dbase index.

• There may be some arguments for that,  but the reason for consistent names is so fixtures can be swapped to other types without needing to reprogram the show.

In the case of this particular fixture its very random they decided to call the two lamps "moonflower1 and 2" if I was coming to operate your rig it make a lot more sense for the colour selection on them to be called colour index rather than seeing Moonflower as a description as that sounds like a gobo pattern or something and I d need the fixture manual to know what it is. (or more likely trial and error)

• I see your point and agree to an extent. What we are calling for is to suite our situation. We are not a large venue with hundreds if not thousands of complex fixtures and we rely on a few volunteers to man the system during a play. Once something like a Quad Gem is up there, it's going to be there for a long time.  That is why we chose the relatively inexpensive Element 2 to replace our old Expression three. Ele2 doesn't even have encoders so if you came ot visit us you'd have other problems. Different strokes for different folks.. 

• I see your point and agree to an extent. What we are calling for is to suite our situation. We are not a large venue with hundreds if not thousands of complex fixtures and we rely on a few volunteers to man the system during a play. Once something like a Quad Gem is up there, it's going to be there for a long time.  That is why we chose the relatively inexpensive Element 2 to replace our old Expression three. Ele2 doesn't even have encoders so if you came ot visit us you'd have other problems. Different strokes for different folks.. 

Children
No Data
Related