Bug: sneak to CPx + CPy ignores sneak time

Hi, 

I have found today that the following just snaps ignoring sneak time

Chan X thru y sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

While this will smoothly transition

Chan X thru y sneak time 4 color palette 2 thru 4

But obviously gives a pattern including cp3.

Running 2.8.2.11 on a fully unlocked gio with display ports. Channels are LED fixtures, a mixture of types.

Parents
  • I have found out that this depends on how many channels or (sub)groups you are applying your palettes on. 

Examples: How many channels are in your "X thru Y" selection ? How would you like the console to assing 2 Color Palettes on say 7 channels ? (1+2+3+4) and (5+6+7) have the same color or (1+3+5+7) and (2+4+6) ?

The Sneak time gets respected when you define the correct numbers, so in your case for example:

- Chan 1 thru 2 sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

- Chan 1 thru 10 Offset Number of Groups 2 sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

- Chan 1 thru 10 Offset Number of Groups 2 InterLeave sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

- Chan 1 thru 10 Offset Chan Per Group 5 sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

- Chan (1+3+5+7+9) + (2+4+6+8+10) sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

...and so on.

I cannot tell if what you are describing is expected behavior or not, but the above works as workaround at least.

Cheers,

Matthias

• I have found out that this depends on how many channels or (sub)groups you are applying your palettes on. 

Examples: How many channels are in your "X thru Y" selection ? How would you like the console to assing 2 Color Palettes on say 7 channels ? (1+2+3+4) and (5+6+7) have the same color or (1+3+5+7) and (2+4+6) ?

The Sneak time gets respected when you define the correct numbers, so in your case for example:

- Chan 1 thru 2 sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

- Chan 1 thru 10 Offset Number of Groups 2 sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

- Chan 1 thru 10 Offset Number of Groups 2 InterLeave sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

- Chan 1 thru 10 Offset Chan Per Group 5 sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

- Chan (1+3+5+7+9) + (2+4+6+8+10) sneak time 4 color palette 2+4

...and so on.

I cannot tell if what you are describing is expected behavior or not, but the above works as workaround at least.

Cheers,

Matthias

Children
Related