Net3 Radio Focus Remote Battery Issues

I have been trying to use our new RFR and every time I go to unplug the mini-USB from the charging port the unit dies. Could this be caused by a bad battery? When plugged in the unit functions normally and seems to always have a low battery warning but is still usable. When charging the unit is kept in the off position with the switch on top of the unit.

Thanks,

Zach

Parents
  • I've also had battery issues, especially since upgrading the RFR and basestation software.

After leaving the batteries (newish) batteries on the charger for 24 hours, I go to focus.  It seems I get to half-battery indicator in 20 - 30 minutes.  After 90 minutes (total) of use, I get down to 1/4 battery remaining.  After 3 hours, the battery indicator is empty, yet teh RFR still runs, for quite a while it seems.

This is the reverse of the indicators prior to the upgrade, where it would last quite a while near "full", but as soon as it hit 1/4 remaining, I knew I had only 20 - 30 minutes left.

Any thoughts, ETC, about how long the remote will last once the battery indicator is showing Empty?

Thanks

Andrew Riter

Chan Centre for the Performing Arts.

• I have getting the same results as Andrew.  The battery meter drops to half pretty quickly, then goes down to the barest sliver of a bar at a more reasonable rate.  Once there, I have no idea how much time I have left.  The other day I ran repeated channel checks for over an hour after it got to the lowest reading.  I gave up on the experiment before the battery did.   I suspect that the battery meter is more the problem than the batteries.  We have four RFRs and are experiencing the same problem in all of our spaces.  Could this be a software problem?

Hal Crawford

Arlington Cultural Affairs

• I have getting the same results as Andrew.  The battery meter drops to half pretty quickly, then goes down to the barest sliver of a bar at a more reasonable rate.  Once there, I have no idea how much time I have left.  The other day I ran repeated channel checks for over an hour after it got to the lowest reading.  I gave up on the experiment before the battery did.   I suspect that the battery meter is more the problem than the batteries.  We have four RFRs and are experiencing the same problem in all of our spaces.  Could this be a software problem?

Hal Crawford

Arlington Cultural Affairs

Children
No Data
Related