Making a cue list the master list on main fader

I am sure that this is a sophomoric question but working with cue list on the ion is new for me.

How do I say load cue list 2 to the main fader. So that I can run it with the go button?

Parents Reply Children
  • I am trying to just use the keyboard instead of grabbing the mouse and clicking on the Load button on the popup virtual keyboard. Cue#/ Load returns the error posted above.
  • ahh, you're using F8 and then type the whole command letter by letter?
  • One reason that wouldn't work is you are not telling it where you want the cue list loaded, you can load it on any of the faders or on the master fader. I think even if you find the correct command to type its going to be a long command line to type out character by character.

I think you do better to simply record a macro for each cue list and then in normal entry more just hit M 1 enter to load cue list 1 and M 2 enter for cue list 2 and so on.

To record the macro from the keyboard alt-L 1 enter and then do the cue list load using the virtual keyboard and then alt-L that will record macro 1
  • I use control/alt L to Load
    So:
    Cue#/# ctrl/alt L enter
    what is the Load command supposed to do if not Load the cuelist onto the master?
  • The desk has more faders than just the master fader and each fader can be loaded with a next cue.

The load command is

Load Cuelist#/Cue#

and that looks for the fader that the cueslist is on and loads the cue number onto that fader.

So if cuelist 12 is on fader 11/2 which is how I happen to have my current show setup, then if I typed

Load 12/5 it would load the next cue for fader 11/2 as number 5

I could then type Load 14/8 and it would load in my setup fader 11/4 with cue 8

What you are wanting to do is something different and actually change the cue list on the master fader, which you will probably have to record a macro for as described earlier
Related