Express RFU distribution?

We just updates to a new Xe from our old Express which was the console the building was designed around.

By that, I mean we have a series of ports around the theatre linking to a dry-line that plugged into the RFU port on the console.

I can't track down any documentation, so I have no understanding of how this distribution is accomplished.

Would it be a static dry line?

Would it be distributed through an Opto like system?

(It's not like you'd use more than one RFU at a time, so I'm assuming it's a dry line. but 4 ports makes me question.)

Ultimately, the question is: can I re-purpose this wiring into maybe another DMX Universe or some such thing?

Thanks!

Parents
  • If you call ETC tech support they more than likely have As Builts for your system. That said, it was wired daisy-chained, so it usually followed the same path as DMX IN into your system. In networked systems sometimes there was a RVI node (NET1) in the mix with a RFU port.

So, I bet you could....if you ONLY use one in and one out and good termination.

Bruce
  • If you call ETC tech support they more than likely have As Builts for your system. That said, it was wired daisy-chained, so it usually followed the same path as DMX IN into your system. In networked systems sometimes there was a RVI node (NET1) in the mix with a RFU port.

So, I bet you could....if you ONLY use one in and one out and good termination.

Bruce
Children
No Data
Related