Improved moving light control for Pharos

So, I'm getting pretty deep into a programming project for Pharos, and starting to see its limitations.  I think there's an easy way of correcting the biggest problem...moving light control.

Rather than having global "Mover Rows", attach them to groups.  This way, when I'm building presets, I don't have to build one for each color for each individual group that I want to use.  Instead, I could make a preset for the color I want for every fixture, then just put the preset into the group linked mover row, thereby filtering down to what I need in my timeline.  This would greatly reduce the number of individual presets that I would need to record.

A corollary to this is that it would be really handy either to break up data into FCB areas (like in Congo & Ion) or to allow the user to throw presets into folders of their own choosing.  Now that I've got a couple hundred moving light presets I'm spending a lot of time looking for them. 

Another, though admittedly less pressing desire would be to have the ability to build a "monochrome" pixel map, even with LED fixtures, and always to make transparency an option.  Then I could treat intensity with a matrix effect like starfield, but treat color with a different effect (like one of the swirls, or a video, or something similar).  This ability to layer data would make some very advanced programming quite simple.  Possibly, one could solve this by allowing one to treat LED's as moving lights if desired.

Anyway, if these could be thrown on the wish-list I'd be appreciative.

Thanks,

Doug MacDonald

Designlab Wisconsin

• Doug;

Thanks for your comments. I have forwarded them to the Pharos Development team.

They wanted me to let you know they appreciate the comments and have added them to the features request list for the next version of code.

Fingers crossed, they will be looking into incorporating some of your ideas later in the year.

Keep the good ideas coming!

Related