OSC output Fader state/LED state request

Hi there,

I think this may have been mentioned before, but not as an official feature request/thought.

I think it would really great to have an additional OSC output message for faders that would send out the fader's "State" or "LED status" of sorts, with a floating point integer value.  Something like a 0 for nothing mapped, 1 for loaded or mapped, and 0.5 for flashing (running sub or effect).  So something like "/eos/out/fader/1/5/state = 0.5" would mean the fader is current running in a "hold" state, or similar.   Perhaps even potential for differentiating between types of fader, i.e inhibitive, sub, cue list, preset, etc...  with a specific integer value for each.  

I'm not sure how difficult such implementation is within the OSC engine, but it would certainly be an amazing added benefit for those of us using MIDI fader wings or button controllers.

Specifically my situation involves a Behringer X-Touch Compact midi fader wing, using OSCulator application to translate between OSC and MIDI messages.  The button LED state on the X-Touch fader wing can be controlled using specific midi note messages with specific velocities.  I've explored multiple tactics with trying to interpret the "fader/name" osc message into some kind of numerical value for the midi note message.  But OSCulator does not natively allow for converting a string OSC argument into anything numerical.  I realized it could just be a whole lot simpler and easier if eos was just able to send out an extra message that was numerical for the state of the fader.  Especially now that v2.4 specifically delineates different types of faders with colors, this could have even more of a use in terms of communicating the fader type or state to whatever device you may be using.

Anyways, hope this is of some interest to others out there!

Cheers, friends!

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related