Some ideas concerning macros/the macro editor on Eos

I've spent quite some time with the macro editor on Eos and I stumbled over a few things which, in my opinion, could need som refurbishing.

1) Softkeys in the macro-editor:

There are a lot of redundant softkeys in the macro-editor, like "Sub", "Cue", the different pallete keys and so on.
These are generally not necessary in my opinion, since they can be typed via hardware keys (or shortcuts on Nomad).
A lot of functions, that can not be typed into the editor via hardware-keys, are not there though.
A few examples would be "FaderPagePress" and "FaderPageRelease", or the "CLEAR_TEXT" command when labeling something.
These are just availiable when learning them in live.

I'd love to see a complete list of commands in the editor, because it's rather tedious to jump between the editor and the live-learn function when working on more complex macros. I can imagine, that this would make the list quite long and cluttered, but you could group commands in subfolders, or create an option to toggle between an extended list and a standard list.

2) Macro-commands:

I wish there would be a document with a complete list of macro-commands, including a description of what they do, maybe whit an example.
For some Softkeys in the macro-editor, the help function does not apply (at least not with German locale, haven't tried English).And as I mentioned before, most commands don't even show up in the editor.

3) Variables and if/then-Statements:

I think some people requested this already and I want to jump on the bandwaggon.
This could really take Eos to the next level in terms of possibilities and usability, at least for those willing to dig deep enough.

Please give us some variables to set and read. I'm not even asking for mathematical functions.
They would make life so much easier when writing macros and expand their functionality tremendously.

Same goes for simple if/then-statements. It would allow macros to suddenly become toggles, rather than having to create two macros.
It would allow for macros to execute tasks depending on the situation, rather than executing something rigidly, even though it might not even work or make sense under current conditions. It would be a massive step towards flexibility.

This concludes my list for now I think. I'd love to see these features in a future update.
Anyways, keep up the great work and thank you for hosting this forum.
It's great to see how much you care for your customer-base.

Kindest regards

Related