Dynamic Internal MSC Rerouting

Hi All,

Basically I have recently been working with a company that preserves old show files should the production ever return to there festival theatre. This means that the cue list numbers are getting higher as they are always triggered via MSC so this removes the need to update hundreds QLab cues because two shows conflict. It would be really nice if you could dynamically (Through Macros for example) reroute MSC commands, so for example, we trigger show 1 which in its set up macro makes Cue List 1/ MSC messages actually fire Cue List 4/, allowing us to move the show around in the desk without having to update all the QLab Cues as well.

• Sorry I'm a little confused by your setup. Do they have a different QLab file for each show?
    I assume you don't want to have a different Eos showfile for each show which is the normal practice.

Why not keep cuelist 1 free as the current show running list and then just move this list to a different one when done. Then move the next show list down to list 1 when needed. So all the show live in list 11 onwards and move down to list 1 when needed.

This seems like a much simpler solution to me.
    Or just save each show as a different file.
  • So Each year has a new EOS and Qlab File, each year may have 10 shows in a single file. However we need to be able to import any of the content from previous years.

So for example, this years shows occupy the cue lists 28 to 44. All of these shows could be called upon in future years. We can't just split them out into a show per file, as each show can be played back to back in any order with any show being played next via MSC, all without a LX tech onsite.

As I have taken over as programmer this year, I need to ensure that I can at any point import old shows and play them. So I was looking for a way to keep my showfiles clean going forward where I don't have to worry about breaking shows that could be several years old at this point. I hadn't thought about the moving cue list idea, that would be a good method of achieving the sort of thing I am looking for.
Related