iRFR for WatchOS?

I am a huge fan of the iRFR app. I use it at least 4-5 days a week in the 3 theatres that I manage, and it speeds up my lighting setup and maintenance workflows immensely.  I would never purchase/install a lighting console without an accompanying control app being available.

I do a lot of work via my cell phone, so am one of those people who have bought into the "plus" size devices for more screen real estate.  The issue I run in to is that when working with iRFR, if I set the phone down and it goes to sleep, the console connection is dropped resulting in the fixture turning off (for example while focusing).  If I put my phone in my pocket when working on a ladder, because it's large, I can inadvertently exit the app, which results in the same thing (I understand that's my problem for having a big phone!).

That made me think - what about a Watch app?  That would allow for the console connection to remain active without the hassle/safety of having a mobile device out of a pocket while working in a catwalk, on a ladder, etc.  It frees up both of my hands if there isn't somewhere to put the device running iRFR.

Thoughts?

Related