Actual manuals!

This maybe sounds a bit weird but I would like real manuals for things like Nodes, lights and so on. 

I can't find any thing about settings in a Response 4port gateway. I can find the cabling of the connectors, but not if and how DMX hold work on it, do it have backup mode on in? what's the settings?.

I find that except the consoles it's not much information about the gear. And paying for i.ex. a Response gateway that I don't know if it do what I want feels not so good. 

Parents
  • Greetings Johannes. You are absolutely correct that the manual for the Response Gateways only covers the physical hardware and very little configuration. This was originally decided on because all of the configuration is done within the Net3 Concert software so all of those options are detailed in the Net3 Concert help. However, your comment got me thinking this morning. We don't make it easy to find the Concert Help!

Within the next few days we will be reworking the Concert documentation page http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Networking/Software/Documentation.aspx to feature a online eManual detailing all of the features within the software. This will be the same information that is currently included within the software's help but now accessible without having the software installed. It's my hope this will help with the confusion. 

As for reading about over all features I would recommend looking at the Response Datasheet, located here: http://www.etcconnect.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=10737489094 

I hope this helps, please let me know if I can help in any other way.

-Lowell

• at least, do a video on them. any thing that gives a bit more info on what they can do (like the DMX in patch and so on).
    They do cost a bit more then a some other gateways out there and if you don't get the info out what is possible in the settings it's hard to see why getting a ETC node is worth the money. I have done a lot of digging (and retuning of another brands gateways that didn't work with sACN) and now I'm waiting on three 4 out and one 4 in nodes.
  • at least, do a video on them. any thing that gives a bit more info on what they can do (like the DMX in patch and so on).
    They do cost a bit more then a some other gateways out there and if you don't get the info out what is possible in the settings it's hard to see why getting a ETC node is worth the money. I have done a lot of digging (and retuning of another brands gateways that didn't work with sACN) and now I'm waiting on three 4 out and one 4 in nodes.
Children
No Data
Related