Default output protocol by Universe

I know that I've asked questions about this in the past, but I do not believe I made an official request. I'm doing so now.

In my house, Universe 1 is my dimmers which get Net3. Universe 2 is legacy DMX distributed to my electrics. Universe 6-9 is an Art-Net gateway.

In EOS, I either have to send every protocol to every universe or waste my time assigning protocols by universe manually.

If EOS had the ability in the Shell or wherever, to set an output protocol default per universe, that would make my life a lot easier. I know there are probably some implementation issues given the flexibility of universe number assign-ability, but I'm sure there are ways to make it work. At the very least, make U1-10 assignable and then a universal default for all others?

I've tried building some macros to do this, but I can never seem to get them to do what I want. They usually make more of a mess. Allocating unused addresses even though I tried to Flexi_Patched. Not assigning unpatched addresses I have parked on. If I try to control an address on RFR, but it's not assigned the correct output protocol, it just makes for a bad day.

If I wasn't so anal, I could live with sending every format everywhere, but that seems like an even worse idea to me.

Thanks!

Related