Go To Cue Macro Issue

Running 2.9.1.17 and have had this issue running 2.8 as well off an ETC NOMAD DONGLE running off a PC Laptop and off an ION 6k. 

I have a macro that is something like this

<Blind Setup-GoToCueTime-#>

changing the go to cue time to what ever I need it to be. Right now it’s 6 macros changing the go to cue time from anywhere from 0 to 6 seconds. This may seem weird like why do you need this Macro? It’s a busking thing. I have multiple cue lists for example one of which captures my whole rig and changes it to a specific color palette. And the idea is during certain parts of a song I will want to change color in different times.

My problem is the macro works in foreground. But I want to run it in background. And I see no reason why the syntax should be ignored in background. What am I missing?

Parents
  • Go to cue time is a user setting. The way that the desk accomplishes running background macros without appearing on a command line is to have them run on a User 0, which users can’t access.

I had hoped that this would mean that going to a cue in a background macro would follow that setting, but it appears that that doesn’t work either. Perhaps since User 0 cannot appear on the user list in system settings, that means that you can’t change user settings for User 0. Which also means that you can’t recall any changes to User 0 from User 1.

For now it looks like the options are to have your macro run in the foreground, or to sidestep the setup part of it and add a wait for enter in any go to cue macros so that you can change the timing there.

• Go to cue time is a user setting. The way that the desk accomplishes running background macros without appearing on a command line is to have them run on a User 0, which users can’t access.

I had hoped that this would mean that going to a cue in a background macro would follow that setting, but it appears that that doesn’t work either. Perhaps since User 0 cannot appear on the user list in system settings, that means that you can’t change user settings for User 0. Which also means that you can’t recall any changes to User 0 from User 1.

For now it looks like the options are to have your macro run in the foreground, or to sidestep the setup part of it and add a wait for enter in any go to cue macros so that you can change the timing there.

Children
No Data
Related