Hogpc4 + Roadhog4 Backup

Not sure If what we are trying to achieve is possible or we are doing something wrong.

We have a Roadhog 4 running a show & outputing Artnet. We want to use a HogPC4 to provide backup. This is also connected to the Artnet network. (it has widgets connected to enable Artnet)

We then link the 2 machines together via Hognet (seperate network) and depending if the console numbers are the same or different etc the Hogpc4 tracks or controls the show as you would expect.

Now for the BUT - if we disconnect the Roadhog from the network the Hogpc4 won't take control of the show. If we load the show directly to the Hogpc4 it works perfectly but seems unable to take over seamlessly from the Roadhog4.

Should we be able to seamlessly take over the show from the Roadhog with this type of setup?

Any thoughts on this appreciated!

Many thanks

S
Parents
  • Well I did some quick tests with the following systems and checked raw DMX out with a swisson.

FB4 b540 running everything on net1 ip at 101
    H4PC b540 running everything on net1 ip at 102
    No external dp's only internals with one widget attached to H4pc

Created show on console at 101 and patched 10 desk channels to DP1/1

Logged 102 into show at 101

Both desks show two dp's in network screen with dp from 101 showing active and dp from 102 idle.

Grabbed 1-10 at full and saved to 1/1 on 101. Ran Q 1/1. Consoles tracked.

Killed the DP8000 process on 101 and watched dp101 go offline on the network screen.

DP 102 did not come online and stayed idle. Confirmed two dead dp's with swisson.

Killed console 101 and 102 took over the show as master. But it did not activate DP 102.

I did a few more tests and noticed a few things that were inconsistent with show login and patch creation when two consoles/DP's are on the same net number. I think I need to experiment a bit more to get my head around whats going on...

JB
  • Well I did some quick tests with the following systems and checked raw DMX out with a swisson.

FB4 b540 running everything on net1 ip at 101
    H4PC b540 running everything on net1 ip at 102
    No external dp's only internals with one widget attached to H4pc

Created show on console at 101 and patched 10 desk channels to DP1/1

Logged 102 into show at 101

Both desks show two dp's in network screen with dp from 101 showing active and dp from 102 idle.

Grabbed 1-10 at full and saved to 1/1 on 101. Ran Q 1/1. Consoles tracked.

Killed the DP8000 process on 101 and watched dp101 go offline on the network screen.

DP 102 did not come online and stayed idle. Confirmed two dead dp's with swisson.

Killed console 101 and 102 took over the show as master. But it did not activate DP 102.

I did a few more tests and noticed a few things that were inconsistent with show login and patch creation when two consoles/DP's are on the same net number. I think I need to experiment a bit more to get my head around whats going on...

JB
Children
No Data