TouchOSC connection problems.

Here's what I've got thus far.
Belkin router...IP 192.168.2.1
...SSID HogNet
...firewall disabled
...WPA disabled

Android phone...IP 192.168.2.3
...TouchOSC installed with iPad template.
...ping enabled
...Host, empty
...Out, 7000
...In, 7001
...ZeroConFName, empty
...local IP 192.168.2.3
...Found hosts, 0

RH4...IP 192.168.2.2
...gateway 0.0.0.0
...netmask 0.0.0.0
...DNS 8.8.8.8
...OSC In, port 7000
...OSC Out, port 7001, UDP. 192.168.2.3

If I fill in host IP with the RH4 IP, my found host becomes my phone and then it screws up my port numbers and doest connect to anything. I've watched the tutorial a million times. What am I doing wrong? I've connected proprietary apps to other boards and it wasnt this difficult.
Parents
  • Marc,
    I realized the issues I was having with running a tracking backup, so that's working fine wired and wireless thankfully.

As for OSC, still no luck. I have a feeling it's an android app problem because I have everything set up right.

I linked to screenshots to show you how OSC shows up on my phone. You'll see in Found Host, it only will find my phone, which in turn changes the host address from .2 to .3 if I select it, also it changes my port numbers both to 7001. I am connected to "HogNet" the local wireless network I've set up. Keep in mind that I have my nano(.2) and a laptop(.5) both running together via wireless, so I know there isn't an issue with the router. Through process of elimination I'm assuming it has to be the phone.

If I don't put something in the ZeroconF name I cannot locate any host. I've tried putting an ip there, but the same thing happens.

I know using a windows tablet would work perfectly, but, to be honest... no thanks. I have no interest in dropping $350+ on a tablet just to remote focus when my phone SHOULD work perfectly fine. The same goes for an iPad, unfortunately.

Screenshots:
    imgur.com/FuMzjN7
    imgur.com/kdfDGhs
  • Marc,
    I realized the issues I was having with running a tracking backup, so that's working fine wired and wireless thankfully.

As for OSC, still no luck. I have a feeling it's an android app problem because I have everything set up right.

I linked to screenshots to show you how OSC shows up on my phone. You'll see in Found Host, it only will find my phone, which in turn changes the host address from .2 to .3 if I select it, also it changes my port numbers both to 7001. I am connected to "HogNet" the local wireless network I've set up. Keep in mind that I have my nano(.2) and a laptop(.5) both running together via wireless, so I know there isn't an issue with the router. Through process of elimination I'm assuming it has to be the phone.

If I don't put something in the ZeroconF name I cannot locate any host. I've tried putting an ip there, but the same thing happens.

I know using a windows tablet would work perfectly, but, to be honest... no thanks. I have no interest in dropping $350+ on a tablet just to remote focus when my phone SHOULD work perfectly fine. The same goes for an iPad, unfortunately.

Screenshots:
    imgur.com/FuMzjN7
    imgur.com/kdfDGhs
Children
No Data