Hog4 Compatibility

I see there are no links yet to the software but my question refers to hardware compatibility for my High End consoles.

I have:

RoadHog Full Boar Console (April 2012)
RoadHog Console (2010)

and two DMX Widgets both of which are compatible with Hog3PC.

Will all or none of these devices work with the new HogOS 4?
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;63064]I disagree with that point of view.
    The older consoles have older hardware, and may not be up to the task of processing all the new features that are planned.

They are not "cutting out" anything.
    It is a move forward with a whole new product line.
    The fact that we are going to be able to continue to use so much of the old hardware is fantastic!
    Saying your old Hog-3 should be able to run Hog-4 is a bit like saying
    "Why can't my 2001 Ford be just like the new 2013 Ford?"

Well my point is more like "I just purchased a 2012 Hog3 FullBoar and before it is even out of the road case it is obsolete." The hardware is incompatible from April 2012 to November 2012?

Since I was not the party responsible for the purchase (I wish I was), I would have thought the dealer would have said... just wait a couple months more for your purchase and get a Hog4 instead.

I suppose if I were a road house theatre it wouldn't matter so much and the console should work ok for a number of years. However, I'm teaching the HogOS as part of our theatre technology curriculum and not being able to teach the new system is frustrating.
  • [QUOTE=evillighting;63175]So, Ill ask the laughable question... is IPC able to run Hog 4?? what a Franken hog that would be!!!
    still worth asking :)

Sound like you can do it ( UNOFFICIALLY UNLEGALLY ) this is just my personal opinion not a suggestion .

And talking seriously if you found a way don't use it in a real environment ( may be good for previz )
  • [QUOTE=michael_graham;63001]Short answer:

Full Boar - No
    Road Hog - No
    DMX widgets - Yes

Long answer:
    You cannot use a H3 platform desk as a tracking backup to a H4 desk.
    You cannot use a H4 platform desk as a tracking backup to a H3 desk.
    Show files can go between the 2 platforms (must be running 3.2.6 on H3 to take a H4 show back to a H3 desk)
    All widgets, wings and DP's will work with the H4 software.

So if I record a show on a Hog4PC, it will not run on a Hog3 console. If I start recording a show on a Hog3 console, save it to flash and run it on a Hog4PC, it will run but if I make changes on the Hog4PC, save it and load it on the Hog3 console, it won't run. Correct?
  • [QUOTE=drathbun;63252]So if I record a show on a Hog4PC, it will not run on a Hog3 console. If I start recording a show on a Hog3 console, save it to flash and run it on a Hog4PC, it will run but if I make changes on the Hog4PC, save it and load it on the Hog3 console, it won't run. Correct?

Incorrect.
    The H4 software will not install on an H3 desk.
    Showfiles are backwards and forwards compatible between Hog-3 + Hog-4 provided your Hog-3 based desk is running v3.2.6 or higher.

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;63253]Incorrect.
    The H4 software will not install on an H3 desk.
    Showfiles are backwards and forwards compatible between Hog-3 + Hog-4 provided your Hog-3 based desk is running v3.2.6 or higher.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks Marty. I knew the first part, but was confused about show file compatibility. You've cleared it up for me.
  • Hello

May I install(settle) the version of the HOG4 on a ROAD HOG, and in everything the cases I restart my shows has zero with thus a new basic programming?

Thank you for answering me it is urgent, because I have a bug on the console (at the level of the creation of a bookshop " failed to add database ")

Thank you
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;63253]

Once again,please, for those are not fully capable of reading english :

Can I program my show on a Hog4 and then save it as Hog3 file?

Can I program my show on a Hog3 and then load it on a Hog4 ?

Thanks
  • HOG4 Software WONT install on any HOG3 Hardware.

So you can install 3.2.6 on your Roadhog 3, and load a show that had been created on a HOG4 based system.
  • [QUOTE=emilianomorgia@mac.com;64485]Once again,please, for those are not fully capable of reading english :

Can I program my show on a Hog4 and then save it as Hog3 file?

Can I program my show on a Hog3 and then load it on a Hog4 ?

Thanks

Both: YES!!!

Question 1:
    No need to safe it as HOG3 file, just make sure that you have 3.2.6 installed on your HOG3.

Question 2:
    Any HOG3 files will load in a HOG4
  • To load(charge) the HOG 4 on a road hog 3 it is necessary to load(charge) a new image of XPe?