wholehog 3 to road hog 4

I have a wholehog 3 with DP2k at the moment and I'm considering "upgrading"
to a road hog 4, would you consider this an upgrade though?
seems to me the roadhog 4 would be more powerful and have all the features of the 3 minus a few like Midi in and out,trackball and soft keys and a few minor things like that.
am i missing something important... would love a wholehog/fullboar but can't justify the expense right now, later i would upgrade to fullboar..

cheers :hogsign:
Parents
  • Sounds like a Road Hog 4 would be a nice interim board for you. You can get an external trackball for $100 and if you really need the MIDI/LTC you can pick up a USB widget for $1000. Still bringing you in under $10k. Quite a deal, I'd say.

The deal breaker for me and the Road Hog 4 is the fixed angle of the screen. But that's just because I like to sit down at the console :)
  • Sounds like a Road Hog 4 would be a nice interim board for you. You can get an external trackball for $100 and if you really need the MIDI/LTC you can pick up a USB widget for $1000. Still bringing you in under $10k. Quite a deal, I'd say.

The deal breaker for me and the Road Hog 4 is the fixed angle of the screen. But that's just because I like to sit down at the console :)
Children
No Data