DMX Output Frequency

Was Teching my FB4's internal DP and four dmx ports before taking it out on a job and noticed that even though the H4 software allows for you to increase DMX Refresh Rate to an upward number of 44hz, that the maximum actual DMX RR is limited to 29hz.

Is this by design?

Are we limited to 29hz on all internal DP's?

Are all of the External DP's limited to the same RR?

Can we get 44hz out of artnet and a 3rd party node?

Don't have a node or an external DP to test as I'm at home right now..

Would appreciate a reply from HES.

JB
Parents
  • Just FYI, it is not only the H4 internal XLR widgets that are limited. There are other Console brands where the limitation is there as well. My workaround was to run Artnet to Nodes and in which case I was able to get a solid 44hz. I also read somewhere, that even though a full line (Completely filled universe) is only capable of 44hz because of packet length, that DMX refresh rate over artnet can be pushed faster than 44hz by using just a fraction of a universe (Like patching 256 channels instead of 512) which in theory might allow certain enabled artnet nodes to speed up the refresh rate (88hz and so on), but I haven't tried confirming that.

JB
  • Just FYI, it is not only the H4 internal XLR widgets that are limited. There are other Console brands where the limitation is there as well. My workaround was to run Artnet to Nodes and in which case I was able to get a solid 44hz. I also read somewhere, that even though a full line (Completely filled universe) is only capable of 44hz because of packet length, that DMX refresh rate over artnet can be pushed faster than 44hz by using just a fraction of a universe (Like patching 256 channels instead of 512) which in theory might allow certain enabled artnet nodes to speed up the refresh rate (88hz and so on), but I haven't tried confirming that.

JB
Children
No Data