Syncing Clocks between Client and Server

Chris,

Back in Hog 3 days, you had said there was a bug with this.
I have a Hog4PC server with the date and time set correctly via Windows setting, and I have Hog4 console with a similar time. The times are not exactly synced though. Actually, the server laptop was on a different time zone, and I switched it to be the correct time and restarted it. So I had to manually fix the time to match the client console, but it isnt exactly synced.
The other weird part is, I tried setting a Clock Trigger on a cue. If I set the trigger from the server console to be 6pm, on the client it shows 11pm, even though both the server and client clocks are close to the same time.
Parents
  • Bringing attention to this annoyance again.

Last project was about 6 independent tradeshow booths. Server was a Hog4PC 2.2.0 b633 connected to DP8Ks or widgets. All PC clocks were set to local time and time zone (EST)

Programming was done on Road Hog 4, which I rolled around to each location and ran network cable to server. Console clock was set to local time. All clock time events triggers were programmed this way as well.

As a result, on the Server PCs, all the clock events were off by 5hours. Once I realized this, I had to crawl into each booth and reset all of the triggers.

Would it be possible to add a Time zone setting to the Road Hog console? Would this alleviate this? I realize now that I could set all the PCs to PST but that seems like a bandaid to the bigger problem and counter intuitive.
  • Bringing attention to this annoyance again.

Last project was about 6 independent tradeshow booths. Server was a Hog4PC 2.2.0 b633 connected to DP8Ks or widgets. All PC clocks were set to local time and time zone (EST)

Programming was done on Road Hog 4, which I rolled around to each location and ran network cable to server. Console clock was set to local time. All clock time events triggers were programmed this way as well.

As a result, on the Server PCs, all the clock events were off by 5hours. Once I realized this, I had to crawl into each booth and reset all of the triggers.

Would it be possible to add a Time zone setting to the Road Hog console? Would this alleviate this? I realize now that I could set all the PCs to PST but that seems like a bandaid to the bigger problem and counter intuitive.
Children
No Data