Recalling a scene?

Please bare with me as I am brand new at this lighting thing (Was asked to help out at church) I am using Hog 4 PC and no other light board hardware.

I have been wanting to create some "looks" to save and recall later, instead of having to re-create the scenes later.

I looked at SCENES, and thought this would be a great way to go.

I went to one of the cues I like, hit Record Scene and clicked on a box in the scene palette. I then went to a different cue, and opened up the Scene Palette and clicked on the Scene I just recorded. Nothing changed.

So I started looking for more info in the Help section, to understand more about Scenes. So I thought maybe the parameters were not pulled in from the cue. I studyed a bit about Suck, Live and Touch. So I then cleared everything. Went back to the cue I liked and wanted to make a SCENE out of. I hit LIVE - TOUCH - RECORD - SCENE and pressed the box that I wanted the Scene to be recorded on.

I went back to a different cue... Selected the Scene I just recording and... Nothing Changed.

I then tried recording a scene to a master. It worked. So apparently, I was doing something right. But now I am wondering how I can recall a Scene to use in a cue later? I dont want to assign a Scene to a Master, I just want to create a Scene to recall later.

I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks in advance for your help
Parents
  • Ron,

If I recall correctly you may be missing a step.

In order to Record Values into a Scene or even a Cue you need to first have the fixtures in the Programmer and the Parameters Touched that you want Recorded.

Just because you are viewing a Cue on stage does not mean you can record it directly.

You can bring things into the Programmer first and then record the Scene.

There are various ways to do this depending on what you want recorded in the Scene.

Use things like Live and Suck to get what is above 0% Intensity.

To grab everything from a Cue into the Programmer you can do,
    Cue 1 Copy Enter

Hope this helps.
  • Ron,

If I recall correctly you may be missing a step.

In order to Record Values into a Scene or even a Cue you need to first have the fixtures in the Programmer and the Parameters Touched that you want Recorded.

Just because you are viewing a Cue on stage does not mean you can record it directly.

You can bring things into the Programmer first and then record the Scene.

There are various ways to do this depending on what you want recorded in the Scene.

Use things like Live and Suck to get what is above 0% Intensity.

To grab everything from a Cue into the Programmer you can do,
    Cue 1 Copy Enter

Hope this helps.
Children
No Data