global effects

hey,
I'm struggleing with the FX-engine.
I'm trying to build global FX (position/color/etc) but every effect doesn't work for any fixture even when i press the global button in the recort menu..........:dunno:
what to do?
Parents
  • Recording An Effects Palette with fanned values will not allow you to apply the Palette to other fixtures. This would require a sequence effect, which is currently not available...yet.
    There are a couple of work arounds.
    First, before you fan any values of the effect, record the effect as a Global Effect in a palette. You only need one fixture selected for this. Make sure you mask Effect and any other Parameters you want included in the Effect before you select the empty palette. Once you have the effect recorded, you should be able to apply it to any fixtures with that parameter. After which, you can fan whatever you like before recording it into a cue.
    The other trick that I sometimes do is grab all my channels, and create one gigantic effect across all the channels. I do this in Blind of course. Then I shuffle the order and fan the offset, maybe even add Grouping to have the effect repeat a bit(depends on how many channels I'm playing with). Then I record that as an Effect Palette. Now, no matter which channels I grab, I can apply the fire effect to them. They might require a bit of tweaking, but not much, and if I do tweak them, I just update those channels into the effect palette for later on.
  • Recording An Effects Palette with fanned values will not allow you to apply the Palette to other fixtures. This would require a sequence effect, which is currently not available...yet.
    There are a couple of work arounds.
    First, before you fan any values of the effect, record the effect as a Global Effect in a palette. You only need one fixture selected for this. Make sure you mask Effect and any other Parameters you want included in the Effect before you select the empty palette. Once you have the effect recorded, you should be able to apply it to any fixtures with that parameter. After which, you can fan whatever you like before recording it into a cue.
    The other trick that I sometimes do is grab all my channels, and create one gigantic effect across all the channels. I do this in Blind of course. Then I shuffle the order and fan the offset, maybe even add Grouping to have the effect repeat a bit(depends on how many channels I'm playing with). Then I record that as an Effect Palette. Now, no matter which channels I grab, I can apply the fire effect to them. They might require a bit of tweaking, but not much, and if I do tweak them, I just update those channels into the effect palette for later on.
Children
No Data