Desktop Crash Caused Corrupt ShowFile

Was playing around with syntax to try and filter select fixtures out of a cuelist like is possible with the "Live" key and crashed the desktop. Restarted the desktop process and continued until lunch, where I saved the showfile and shut the desk down.

Came back from lunch, started the desk up and noticed 8 of 14 MACIII's would not increase intensity, even though everything looked good at the desk. I reloaded a showfile saved before the desktop crash and everything was fine. I then tried the bad show file and still bad news. On the old showfile I removed all the MACIII's and re added them to fixture schedule and repatched.. Everything was fine except that even though fixture ID's were patched exactly the same, I still lost all programming and prior groups, cues, palettes and scenes for all the MACIII's. Only option was to run from the old showfile...

It seems the desktop crash destroyed any references to the MACIII's in the patch...

As soon as this job is over, I'm gonna dig up the error log and send it off..

Any idea how I can my last 2 hours o programing back?
  • Jeff,
    Press pig+Open+5

This brings up a toolbar, there is a button saying something like rebuild linkage or so. Try this
    Also try to copy the "broken" cuelists and seeif this helps
    Also do a Check integrity.
  • Thanks Marc,

At the time, check integrity didn't fix it. So I just reprogrammed what I did, but made it even better.. ;)

I sent off the log file and corrupt show after the job the next day and even tried horsing around with the crazy syntax to repro the Desktop Crash but I don't think I hit the same syntax.

Pig+Open+5 is a new one for me. I just looked in the manual and couldn't find any reference to that. Do you know what each option in that toolbar does? Or is that just strictly an embedded development tool that wasn't meant for the public? Do you know of any other hidden utilities that would be useful?

So far I only know of...

1. PIG+Open+Backspace - Documented in the manual
    2. PIG+OPEN+5 - Not sure what to call it.
    3. I think there is another, but forgot what the key combination is.

JB
  • [QUOTE=Buzz313th;73051]Was playing around with syntax to try and filter select fixtures out of a cuelist like is possible with the "Live" key and crashed the desktop. Restarted the desktop process and continued until lunch, where I saved the showfile and shut the desk down.

Came back from lunch, started the desk up and noticed 8 of 14 MACIII's would not increase intensity, even though everything looked good at the desk. I reloaded a showfile saved before the desktop crash and everything was fine. I then tried the bad show file and still bad news. On the old showfile I removed all the MACIII's and re added them to fixture schedule and repatched.. Everything was fine except that even though fixture ID's were patched exactly the same, I still lost all programming and prior groups, cues, palettes and scenes for all the Macao's. Only option was to run from the old showfile...

It seems the desktop crash destroyed any references to the MACIII's in the patch...

As soon as this job is over, I'm gonna dig up the error log and send it off..

Any idea how I can my last 2 hours o programing back?

We sporadically get these type of show issues, but for years we have not been able to run the console through a series of steps to get a show in this state in our lab - hence the ongoing sporadic problem.:sad: