Fader Resolution

When using the masters for a manual fade, I find it a bit steppy. This is on a Hog 4, but I asked somebody else to test their RH4 and the same results are seen.

I checked in the DMX window and I very slowly and carefully faded out a fixture at 100%. I counted just 75 steps of resolution to reach from 255 to zero, which would explain why I am seeing the steppyness in shows.

My question is, is this a limitation of the hardware, or could this resolution be boosted to 255 steps, to smooth out manual fades?

Many thanks

Colin
Parents
  • Thanks for the input, but the test is not really necessary as the results of moving the fader are clearly shown in the DMX window and already mentioned above.

The simple answer is yes, the steppyness is visible across the whole range. A manual fade is moving in steps greater than 1% and this is visible throughout the full range when trying to fade slowly, but of course it is more noticeable towards the bottom end.

Cheers

Colin
  • Thanks for the input, but the test is not really necessary as the results of moving the fader are clearly shown in the DMX window and already mentioned above.

The simple answer is yes, the steppyness is visible across the whole range. A manual fade is moving in steps greater than 1% and this is visible throughout the full range when trying to fade slowly, but of course it is more noticeable towards the bottom end.

Cheers

Colin
Children
No Data