Media Patch v2.3.0 (b740)

Background:
I am running a Hog 4 with the fixture net port feeding Pathport nodes along with an Mbox Studio 3.8. Before today, I was running Mbox 3.6 on v2.2.0. As we are working on some new mapping from the Mbox, I upgraded both Mbox Studio to 3.8 and console software to 2.3.0.

In the fixture schedule, I did a "change type" from my previous Mbox Studio parameters to the new Mbox 3.8 library that I received from High End. Patched it. All is working well through Artnet control.

However, I no longer get the media picker. I have gone through and re-patched my Media to select the Mbox, but in the fixture schedule, it will not take the Mbox and the IP address in the field stays empty. When I open the "events" monitor, I get a continual error that states the following:
"Node - OB-1-0090a10a0288 / CITP Stack / Error / lost in the byte stream" and it will not turn stop.

So, to recap….
I have artnet control of the Mbox from the Hog
I cannot get the Mbox to attach to a media patch
I have no CITP thumbnails and continual errors in the events monitor

Any suggestions???
J
Parents
  • Hello,

I've had the same problem as the OP with the ... / CITP Stack / Error / lost in the byte stream" but with a twist:
    I'm running v2.4 on a road hog with Mbox studio 3.6. Initially all was working well with CITP. I added a catalyst server, had it running OK but couldn't get the media picker to work. In the process of un-patching/re-patching the media I lost Artnet output. Whatever I did I couldn't get any Artnet output. Ultimately I performed a full system restore via USB. Quickly re-entered settings and Artnet was fine.
    Re-loaded show and carried on, had Mbox control but no CITP, could see the mac in 'patch media' but would not patch. Changed fixture type to Mbox v3.6, this patched media successfully and got the media picker working. Changed fixture type back to v3.8 and had the loss of art net problem return.

Restored console via USB [AGAIN] - re-loaded show file, patched media [no problem] Artnet straight back to life. Media picker working fine [reduced the quantity of media on mac during restore]. Feels like a pattern if you mess with the patch media...; Would you have any thoughts on this one?

Many thanks, Daniel

• Hello,

I've had the same problem as the OP with the ... / CITP Stack / Error / lost in the byte stream" but with a twist:
    I'm running v2.4 on a road hog with Mbox studio 3.6. Initially all was working well with CITP. I added a catalyst server, had it running OK but couldn't get the media picker to work. In the process of un-patching/re-patching the media I lost Artnet output. Whatever I did I couldn't get any Artnet output. Ultimately I performed a full system restore via USB. Quickly re-entered settings and Artnet was fine.
    Re-loaded show and carried on, had Mbox control but no CITP, could see the mac in 'patch media' but would not patch. Changed fixture type to Mbox v3.6, this patched media successfully and got the media picker working. Changed fixture type back to v3.8 and had the loss of art net problem return.

Restored console via USB [AGAIN] - re-loaded show file, patched media [no problem] Artnet straight back to life. Media picker working fine [reduced the quantity of media on mac during restore]. Feels like a pattern if you mess with the patch media...; Would you have any thoughts on this one?

Many thanks, Daniel

Children
No Data