When are we getting a decent fixture builder?

With the amount of Chinese gear flooding the market, the need for a fully powered fixture builder is higher everyday.

Is one in the pipe works?
Parents
  • I think what it all boils down to is the double-edged sword we call "abstraction".
    the abstraction layer is what makes it so easy to change types...move programming around to different fixtures and different rigs relatively easily (Festival/touring LDs know what I'm talking about....the Hog programmers onsite usually have done in minutes what it usually takes hours to do and verify on other console platforms).
    The downside of abstraction is that it requires a bit more work and skill to create a fixture profile.
    The builder works just fine for a quick situation, but proper profiles need to be created by the developers.
    At least the Hog console comes loaded with profiles that have been checked as best they can and the library contents are ever growing......
  • I think what it all boils down to is the double-edged sword we call "abstraction".
    the abstraction layer is what makes it so easy to change types...move programming around to different fixtures and different rigs relatively easily (Festival/touring LDs know what I'm talking about....the Hog programmers onsite usually have done in minutes what it usually takes hours to do and verify on other console platforms).
    The downside of abstraction is that it requires a bit more work and skill to create a fixture profile.
    The builder works just fine for a quick situation, but proper profiles need to be created by the developers.
    At least the Hog console comes loaded with profiles that have been checked as best they can and the library contents are ever growing......
Children
No Data