Command Keys assignment

I'm finally moving to hog4 after years and years on hog3. The command keys are great, but I can't be the first one to think that the way to assign them is so convoluted. So many extra steps just to make a flash button. Please tell me there are plans to rethink how they work.
Parents
  • I really want this to. In my opinion Syntax should be: Record List XX Command Which creates a new list and creates a reference. Same with Record Scene XX Command Record Macro XX Command etc. Enter should just be replaced with the desired command key. If key is already taken you will get the option to Insert Merge Replace bla-die-bla

Edit: Open Command would open the Options list as we know it for CueLists with a extra Tab on the Left for behaviour of the Command Key. When containing a scene it would be the same as Open Scene. After that press options and [see cuelist] Open Command when it contains a Macro would be the same as Open Macro... Well you get the idea
  • I really want this to. In my opinion Syntax should be: Record List XX Command Which creates a new list and creates a reference. Same with Record Scene XX Command Record Macro XX Command etc. Enter should just be replaced with the desired command key. If key is already taken you will get the option to Insert Merge Replace bla-die-bla

Edit: Open Command would open the Options list as we know it for CueLists with a extra Tab on the Left for behaviour of the Command Key. When containing a scene it would be the same as Open Scene. After that press options and [see cuelist] Open Command when it contains a Macro would be the same as Open Macro... Well you get the idea
Children
No Data