Major networking problems with PC server and my brand new road hog

v 3.1.0(b1078)
driver version 3.1.00.224
Qt version 4.7.0
OS version windows 6.2
Processer type intel(r) core TM i3-3217u cpu @ 1.8 GHZ

i can't get my road hog to consistently see my server . I log off and unplug and move all day . then re log into the show, the Road hog console does not see my server.
also, my server crashes about once every 2 hours. Im rigging for the next week but start show soon . please help.
Parents
  • Hi Michael, I ended up patching and programming straight on my Road hog and then doing the forensics later on in the day when my rigging crew went home.My ip had been changed on my PC for a Networking demo ( ironic)
    I had paid attention to that when i started her up again but did not reboot properly to change it .The thing that threw me is the spotty connection.
    I also took Hog 4 off my PC then put it back on. have no idea if that helped fix it or not.
    I had no other hardware between my server and Lap top except Cat6 cable
    I worked on my Road hog and saved to thumdrive,Loaded it on to server.
    Crashes were not total crashes, just screen freeze while i was working on the connection issue

It ended up connecting solid at the end of the day , i logged off and rebooted numerous times
    Thank you
  • Hi Michael, I ended up patching and programming straight on my Road hog and then doing the forensics later on in the day when my rigging crew went home.My ip had been changed on my PC for a Networking demo ( ironic)
    I had paid attention to that when i started her up again but did not reboot properly to change it .The thing that threw me is the spotty connection.
    I also took Hog 4 off my PC then put it back on. have no idea if that helped fix it or not.
    I had no other hardware between my server and Lap top except Cat6 cable
    I worked on my Road hog and saved to thumdrive,Loaded it on to server.
    Crashes were not total crashes, just screen freeze while i was working on the connection issue

It ended up connecting solid at the end of the day , i logged off and rebooted numerous times
    Thank you
Children
No Data