Reasons to go with Hog

I have toured exclusively with Hog consoles for the past 4 years, and just started a job where they own a bunch of ETC consoles. My supervisors are open to making the switch to Hog, but only if I can justify it with reasons (and not just wants and comfort) for leaving the ETC line. We currently have an Eos and Ion. Any technical or factual reasons why making the switch to Hog would be greatly appreciated.
Parents
  • Hello,

I hope given the Hog User Base here, you will get multiple replies from some of the power users. Obviously most replies will (and should be) bias towards Hog.

I have almost exclusively programmed on Hog. I worked with earlier ETC consoles (Insight, Expression, etc.) and only stumbled through using an Ion a few times. From my perspective, I had a lot of trouble efficiently controlling a number of moving lights.

From my perspective, I feel like the Hog can control conventional lighting as well as it controls moving lights and LEDs. However I don't think the ETC efficiently controls Moving lights as well as it controls conventional based on MY experience. I understand that an experienced Ion programmer can easily make the counter argument. it ultimately depends on the programmer.

Ultimately, I think the best argument you can make towards going for one console is you. If you can program a Hog faster than you can program an Ion, and you can save productions time/Money, then that is an excellent reason to get you the console you need. Below are couple bullet points, I hope they help. You should also consider posting your question on the Wholehog 4 User Group on Facebook. I think you will be overwhelmed with the replies there.

• Hello,

I hope given the Hog User Base here, you will get multiple replies from some of the power users. Obviously most replies will (and should be) bias towards Hog.

I have almost exclusively programmed on Hog. I worked with earlier ETC consoles (Insight, Expression, etc.) and only stumbled through using an Ion a few times. From my perspective, I had a lot of trouble efficiently controlling a number of moving lights.

From my perspective, I feel like the Hog can control conventional lighting as well as it controls moving lights and LEDs. However I don't think the ETC efficiently controls Moving lights as well as it controls conventional based on MY experience. I understand that an experienced Ion programmer can easily make the counter argument. it ultimately depends on the programmer.

Ultimately, I think the best argument you can make towards going for one console is you. If you can program a Hog faster than you can program an Ion, and you can save productions time/Money, then that is an excellent reason to get you the console you need. Below are couple bullet points, I hope they help. You should also consider posting your question on the Wholehog 4 User Group on Facebook. I think you will be overwhelmed with the replies there.

Children
No Data