Reasons to go with Hog

I have toured exclusively with Hog consoles for the past 4 years, and just started a job where they own a bunch of ETC consoles. My supervisors are open to making the switch to Hog, but only if I can justify it with reasons (and not just wants and comfort) for leaving the ETC line. We currently have an Eos and Ion. Any technical or factual reasons why making the switch to Hog would be greatly appreciated.
Parents
  • A console is truly a personal choice.

As a programmer, I want what I will be fastest and most comfortable on. I generally program on Hogs and Ma2's, but the occasional ION/EOS line as well.

If it's a rental house, he should rent what is asked for in the area. Generally, I see Ion/Eos on theater style shows and Ma's and Hogs on concerts. As Paul stated, a console is purely a personal choice. If the rental house is always sending you out with the console, then whatever console you are fastest and most efficient on will save the client money in the end. All consoles do the same thing...spit DMX. It falls to the GUI and what the programmer is comfortable with to make them "sing."

I'm fastest and most comfortable on a Hog. I can do 90% of what the Ma can do on the Hog. For 99% of the shows I do, you don't need that last 10% of the Ma firepower. Then there's cost. Consoles are expensive. For a rental house, if he can't get a ROI on console purchases with rentals, then it doesn't make sense to change.

It's purely up to you to sell what you are worth. If client time and money savings is important, then it sounds like the Hog is the way to go for you and your boss.

• A console is truly a personal choice.

As a programmer, I want what I will be fastest and most comfortable on. I generally program on Hogs and Ma2's, but the occasional ION/EOS line as well.

If it's a rental house, he should rent what is asked for in the area. Generally, I see Ion/Eos on theater style shows and Ma's and Hogs on concerts. As Paul stated, a console is purely a personal choice. If the rental house is always sending you out with the console, then whatever console you are fastest and most efficient on will save the client money in the end. All consoles do the same thing...spit DMX. It falls to the GUI and what the programmer is comfortable with to make them "sing."

I'm fastest and most comfortable on a Hog. I can do 90% of what the Ma can do on the Hog. For 99% of the shows I do, you don't need that last 10% of the Ma firepower. Then there's cost. Consoles are expensive. For a rental house, if he can't get a ROI on console purchases with rentals, then it doesn't make sense to change.

It's purely up to you to sell what you are worth. If client time and money savings is important, then it sounds like the Hog is the way to go for you and your boss.

Children
No Data