Reasons to go with Hog

I have toured exclusively with Hog consoles for the past 4 years, and just started a job where they own a bunch of ETC consoles. My supervisors are open to making the switch to Hog, but only if I can justify it with reasons (and not just wants and comfort) for leaving the ETC line. We currently have an Eos and Ion. Any technical or factual reasons why making the switch to Hog would be greatly appreciated.
Parents
  • I totally agree that a console is a personal choice, but I do think that some consoles are made for one application more so than others. In the past, I have generally programmed on Hogs and Ma2's as well, but I was also doing live concerts and events on the road. Now that I have spent 3 months with the ETC's in a fixed venue I find them lacking. I think they serve theaters, brodcast, and video recording studios very well. But with live events and music, I personally see the Hog's handling the demand better.

All that to say, my personal feelings don't matter in this decision. I am looking for factual reasons (hardware or software) the Hog's are better for live music than theater. Hope this makes sense.
  • I totally agree that a console is a personal choice, but I do think that some consoles are made for one application more so than others. In the past, I have generally programmed on Hogs and Ma2's as well, but I was also doing live concerts and events on the road. Now that I have spent 3 months with the ETC's in a fixed venue I find them lacking. I think they serve theaters, brodcast, and video recording studios very well. But with live events and music, I personally see the Hog's handling the demand better.

All that to say, my personal feelings don't matter in this decision. I am looking for factual reasons (hardware or software) the Hog's are better for live music than theater. Hope this makes sense.
Children
No Data