Full Boar Full Install stuck on 'Detect and mount CD-ROM'

Hi,
I try to do a Full Install on a Full Boar 4 console, but everytime the installation stops with on screen 'Detect and mount CD-ROM' and nothing happens anymore. This appears right after i pressed Enter (Hog4 installation. Press Enter to begin).

I tried 7 different usb drives from different brands and capacitys, created with Linux Live USB creator (on different windows machines) as discribed in the full install instructions.
Also tried different software files, different usb ports, with and without usb keyboard connected.
No other devices are connected to the console.

Please let me know if there is anything more i can try.
Thanks.
Parents
  • Sorry about the wrong link, but you sorted that out.

I talked with Nate and the only time we have seen a Detect/Mount CDROM error has been on the HedgeHog. And in that case the reason was due to a compromised connection of the hard drive. What it seems like at this time is that the USB boot is just fine, and it is in a place where the hard drive is being prepared.

If you feel comfortable then open up the Full Boar and inspect both ends of SATA cable for any kind of problem. Disconnect and visually look at it to make sure there isn't any problems; correct any small issues. Check power cable also.

If that fails to rectify, then you can temporarily try another hard drive and see what results you get.

If we can determine the hard drive is failing, then we want to obtain it for diagnosis.

Thanks for your patience,
    donald
  • Sorry about the wrong link, but you sorted that out.

I talked with Nate and the only time we have seen a Detect/Mount CDROM error has been on the HedgeHog. And in that case the reason was due to a compromised connection of the hard drive. What it seems like at this time is that the USB boot is just fine, and it is in a place where the hard drive is being prepared.

If you feel comfortable then open up the Full Boar and inspect both ends of SATA cable for any kind of problem. Disconnect and visually look at it to make sure there isn't any problems; correct any small issues. Check power cable also.

If that fails to rectify, then you can temporarily try another hard drive and see what results you get.

If we can determine the hard drive is failing, then we want to obtain it for diagnosis.

Thanks for your patience,
    donald
Children
No Data