Full Boar Full Install stuck on 'Detect and mount CD-ROM'

Hi,
I try to do a Full Install on a Full Boar 4 console, but everytime the installation stops with on screen 'Detect and mount CD-ROM' and nothing happens anymore. This appears right after i pressed Enter (Hog4 installation. Press Enter to begin).

I tried 7 different usb drives from different brands and capacitys, created with Linux Live USB creator (on different windows machines) as discribed in the full install instructions.
Also tried different software files, different usb ports, with and without usb keyboard connected.
No other devices are connected to the console.

Please let me know if there is anything more i can try.
Thanks.
Parents
  • Wow! Kernel panics are due mostly to some kind of hardware failure. In this case it looks to be USB hub (xhci) however that may be what was last running. The possible failures are the USB controller, memory, or hard drive.

Yes you can try any compatible SATA hard drive; it doesn't have to be SSD. That would eliminate HD. Have you been using the same USB port on the Full Boar in these attemps? If so, try a different one. I believe the one on the top is connected to a different USB controller than the ones on the back.

Again, it is hard to suspect HD or memory since it works otherwise. Can you browse the USB stick you are using from Launcher on this Full Boar?

Thanks,
    donald
  • Wow! Kernel panics are due mostly to some kind of hardware failure. In this case it looks to be USB hub (xhci) however that may be what was last running. The possible failures are the USB controller, memory, or hard drive.

Yes you can try any compatible SATA hard drive; it doesn't have to be SSD. That would eliminate HD. Have you been using the same USB port on the Full Boar in these attemps? If so, try a different one. I believe the one on the top is connected to a different USB controller than the ones on the back.

Again, it is hard to suspect HD or memory since it works otherwise. Can you browse the USB stick you are using from Launcher on this Full Boar?

Thanks,
    donald
Children
No Data