Nano Hog Front Panel Fault

I have a hog PC setup with a Nano Wing (and a Super Widget installed in it).

I've just upgraded the system to Windows 10, and Hog 4 PC to v3.12. Straight after I noticed that certain front panel key presses registered as multiple key presses, and using the hardware diagnostic I can see that each of the 8 keys on the right hand end of the panel 'light up' a slightly jagged horizontal row of 15 other switches. I assume that the front panel is scanned as a 16x8 matrix, and the symptoms look like a short somewhere in the matrix, ie a hardware issue. This hardware test runs separately to the Hog show software.

This is what the diagnostic shows after pressing 'right arrow' and 'all'

But I wanted to check this isn't a possible software issue, so can I ask if anyone else has had those symptoms? I have done the following-

I have mapped the wing and the super widget in the v3.12 software, and DO have dmx coming out of the widget.

I have also reloaded the nano firmware by powering up while pressing Next Page/Choose 1/ Choose 2, and had a confirmation flash after 15 secs or so.

This isn't the 'ghosting' issue of keys mapping wrong on a one-to-one basis, and for which there is a technical bulletin- the nano wing in question did have that fault and was fixed about 6 months ago.

Cheers,
Andrew
Parents
  • Hi Mitch,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The PCB has had the mods set out in the technical bulletin done by me (as I needed the console pretty soon) about six months ago and has worked ok since then. When this new issue arose, I did open the nano and take a good look at those 6 components and they seem ok visually- but of course there may be a fault that's harder to spot. The console did have a trip in the back of my car after the last show on v3.11 and windows 7 which could have undone the repair.

I've also connected the nano to a laptop that I use as a backup which still has windows 7 and hog pc v3.11 and the problem is still there (even with another firmware reload).

So it does look like a key scanning hardware fault and quite possibly related to the ghosting issue. I'm in the UK (just West of London)- could you point me in the right direction for a repair?
  • Hi Mitch,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The PCB has had the mods set out in the technical bulletin done by me (as I needed the console pretty soon) about six months ago and has worked ok since then. When this new issue arose, I did open the nano and take a good look at those 6 components and they seem ok visually- but of course there may be a fault that's harder to spot. The console did have a trip in the back of my car after the last show on v3.11 and windows 7 which could have undone the repair.

I've also connected the nano to a laptop that I use as a backup which still has windows 7 and hog pc v3.11 and the problem is still there (even with another firmware reload).

So it does look like a key scanning hardware fault and quite possibly related to the ghosting issue. I'm in the UK (just West of London)- could you point me in the right direction for a repair?
Children
No Data