Hedgehog 4 boots to BusyBox shell

Hi,
Anyone know why the Hedgehog 4 boots to a BusyBox shell prompt (initramfs) if you try to start with a USB flash drive plugged in? I have a 250Gb SSD drive that I was going to use to save show files on (so they don't get wiped out if I do a full OS upgrade), but no luck so far. I dropped into the BIOS setup and made the USB ports last on the list, but it still does the same. Tries to start... Get the "HES" logo > Get "Starting Console" with the circle-4 logo > drops to a BusyBox Shell prompt. If I pull the flash drive it starts up just fine. I thought for sure moving the USB boot option to last in line would do it, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
Oh, and let me be the first to suggest "Pull the flash drive when you boot dummy". That's not a viable option. I'm in a high school performing arts center, so I have a lot of student techs working this console. I don't want to remind them that there's a 250Gb SSD drive waiting to be stolen. Yeah, it's wire tied to the back of the console, but that's easy enough to get around.
Parents Reply Children
No Data