Groups with a 'cluster' mode

I am requesting an option that allows me to save a group as a 'cluster' that will all act as one. For example. A gig has 20 x ColorForce 72 set in mode 4. (12 cells at RGBA per fixture). So there are 120 x RGBA fixtures in the eyes of the console.

If I create 20 groups. each to represent 1 complete CF72. I select highlight, grab group 1 though 4, CF72 1 through 4 will fully highlight. Just like it should.
But then I go and press NEXT to jog though the fixtures, but instead, it goes cell by cell. I would like it to go from CF72 to CF72.

Yes, I do understand the 'BUDDY' option. But I find this to be extra steps, and only works if you have all like fixtures with an even count.
For example. If you have 3 truss rings. One 10ft, one 20ft and one 30ft. The 10ft has 8 fixtures. the 20ft has 15, and 30ft has 32 fixtures. And you create groups to represnt each ring. With the desire to highlight and NEXT/BACK each ring. Buddy will not work as the amounts are not even.

Having a 'Cluster' option when recording a GROUP would fix this. When a GROUP is in 'Cluster' mode, The console would program this group as a single fixture. Aka, the parameters set will be the same across all fixtures in that cluster. So in the case of the truss rings. The console would technically be working with 3 fixtures.

This feature would be helpful when programing EFX on the fly. Doing a color chase, or intensity fade in/fade out using the FAN option would make for a nice quick and dirty cue.
Parents
  • @TheColonel:
    Thats why I was saying it to rseybert ;-)

But for the eqrunner was requesting or your example:
    Patch 55 cells, then use dotted usernumber, 1: goes from 1.1 to 1.8, 2: 2.1 to 2.15, 3: 3.1 to 3.32.
    Now you get the cluster, selecting 1 will give you 8 fixtures, 2 will give you 15, and 3 will give you 32.
    When you now apply an effect and leave buddy parts active you get those 3 groups to work each as one fixture.
  • @TheColonel:
    Thats why I was saying it to rseybert ;-)

But for the eqrunner was requesting or your example:
    Patch 55 cells, then use dotted usernumber, 1: goes from 1.1 to 1.8, 2: 2.1 to 2.15, 3: 3.1 to 3.32.
    Now you get the cluster, selecting 1 will give you 8 fixtures, 2 will give you 15, and 3 will give you 32.
    When you now apply an effect and leave buddy parts active you get those 3 groups to work each as one fixture.
Children
No Data