Microvision Track/Record and current cue number

I've just finished teching a show on a somewhat cranky Microvision, and discovered (the hard way) that when re-recording a cue, the default cue number is often the next cue, not the cue on the faders.  It's as if one had keyed [Record] [+] instead of just [Record].  This happens occasionally with Record and almost always with Track.  It seems to only happen in Stage.

Does anyone know if this is a bug, a quirk of the software, or a possible short between the Track and + buttons?

Thanks,

Josh 

Parents
  • Josh,

I have heard of this on very rare occasions.  A couple of questions for you...  Are you running v1.33 software?  It was the last version available for the console.  Also, are you using DD diskettes?  I know these are impossible to find but I have seen MV console act odd or even act as though they are running macros because of reading from a HD diskette.  If you can't find DD disks, make sure the disk is formatted on the console before recording shows to it.

There could also be a hardware issus but I think this would be the more unusual case.  Let me know about the above.

Thanks!

David

• David,

I believe the software is 1.2, so that may very well explain the bug.  I am using genuine DD diskettes, though it's interesting to know that HD disks can cause issues.

Thanks,

Josh 

• Josh,

It's hard to tell from the release notes in '91 if this was a bug that was fixed or not.  I would recommend contacting Technical Services at some point to send it in for a free upgrade.  They can also check out all the other functions, give it a good cleaning and let you know if it needs any other work.  They're great consoles and I even used one last summer to do a show.

Thanks!

David

• Josh,

It's hard to tell from the release notes in '91 if this was a bug that was fixed or not.  I would recommend contacting Technical Services at some point to send it in for a free upgrade.  They can also check out all the other functions, give it a good cleaning and let you know if it needs any other work.  They're great consoles and I even used one last summer to do a show.

Thanks!

David

Children
No Data
Related