Mini Remote

Hi all,

I have this little remote that I just found in our shop, but I can't get it to work, and I can't find anything on the ETC site about it either. It's a little grey box about 3" x 2" with nothing but 4 small blue buttons on it. Next to the ETC logo it says "remote go" and below that, "remote focus". Because of this and the fact that it's wired to a 6 pin XLR, I assumed it would plug in just like our rufus (remote focus unit), and give limited remote control functionality (the buttons are labled "cue 1", "go", "back", etc). But when I plug it in to our controller I get nothing. We have a Express 48/96 setup with 120 D-20 dimmers. Anyway, if anyone knows anything about this little bugger I'd sure appriceate the insight.

Thanks!
-Mark

Mark Petersen
Technical Director
Auburn Riverside Theater
mpetersen@auburn.wednet.edu

Parents
  • Sounds like you found a Remote Focus/Remote Go unit from an old Idea series console.  Perhaps your venue used to have an Idea console?  This won't work with your Express (in fact, it's a pretty bad idea to plug it into the RFU port), but in the event that you're truly curious and want to read more about it, check out Chapter 9 and Appendix A of the Idea console manual here

Others may also be interested in seeing a picture of this, so if you are able to take a digital picture, see if you can get a chance to post it here in this topic (use the options tab when creating your post).

[edited by: mgarrison at 9:23 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Dec 06 2007] [edited by: mgarrison at 9:22 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Dec 06 2007] [edited by: mgarrison at 9:21 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Dec 06 2007] [edited by: mgarrison at 9:19 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Dec 06 2007]
  • The image is of the remote I use for testing Idea consoles.  It's terribly simple; just four switches that act more like the remote macro input on an Express console than a real RFU.  Whether it behaves as a "Remote Focus" or "Remote Go" is determined by a dipswitch on the console.  The connector on the console is a 25 pin female D so an adapter is needed to connect the remote.
Reply Children
No Data
Related