48/96 effects playback issues

I'm designing a show that requires a complex chase effects playback sequence (using a 48/96).

I've recorded several chase effects into submasters, then assigned those submasters to macros.  Some macros carry multiple submasters.  I then link those macros to the stage cues (for pile on).  Some of the cues require follows during playback in order to stop a macro and begin a new one.  The macro-assigned cues will not follow despite having a follow time assigned (the prompt asks for a follow time when I link macros to cues).

Most of the submaster effects have in/delay/out times of 0/hold/0.

What am I missing with regard to getting these cues to follow?

I've tried fixing this by creating a subroutine, but am still having the same issues with follows.

Thanks for any help.  We have media opening tomorrow . . .

• The problem is that triggering a macro on an Express is treated as a link.  Therefore, your follow time is a follow time for that link.  For instance, if you have cue 4 follow 6 link M1, triggering cue 4 will fire M1 after 6 seconds.  The work around to get a cue to autofollow into another cue and trigger a macro, is to write a cue specific macro that includes the trigger for the next cue.  You can use macro wait times to get an accurate "follow" time.  Continuing the previous example, cue 4 link M1; M1 being something like, "OnBump Sub 1 OnBump Sub 2 OffBump Sub 8 MWait 6 Cue 5 Go."  It's messy, but it's an Express, what do you expect? :D

-Tim

Related