Express 125 - menu cycles through options

Last week I had to relocate our console which involved turning it off and unplugging the power supply.  Now it has developed a behavior that makes selecting anything from the menu impossible.  If it were a video switcher I would describe it as being stuck in bulb test. 

Example:  I select the 'set-up' key.  The set-up menu appears but the options curser cycles through the options.  I cannot directly enter an option number; it goes to whatever option is highlighted when I press enter.

If I select 'stage' / 'channel' the blue box in the top right of the display rapidly cycles through all of the channels.

Left setting for several minutes and random functions activate and other numeric displays cycle.

HELP!

Parents
  • Check for a stuck key- it sounds like the "+" key might be stuck down.  If that's not the case, then call ETC tech service - 800-688-4116.

-Todd

• tdrga said:

Check for a stuck key- it sounds like the "+" key might be stuck down.  If that's not the case, then call ETC tech service - 800-688-4116.

-Todd

The + key does not feel to be stuck.  It seems to move / function as any other key.  I repeatedly tapped it in an effor to dislodge any bit of junk that may have moved into the contact during the relocation.

Edit to add.  All of the channels do not show up in 'stage'. I power cycled the unit and while it was stable I could add them through capture/drop #/enter.  Then 'release' and they would stay in the list.

[edited by: Wade at 1:14 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Sep 10 2012]
  • tdrga said:

Check for a stuck key- it sounds like the "+" key might be stuck down.  If that's not the case, then call ETC tech service - 800-688-4116.

-Todd

The + key does not feel to be stuck.  It seems to move / function as any other key.  I repeatedly tapped it in an effor to dislodge any bit of junk that may have moved into the contact during the relocation.

Edit to add.  All of the channels do not show up in 'stage'. I power cycled the unit and while it was stable I could add them through capture/drop #/enter.  Then 'release' and they would stay in the list.

[edited by: Wade at 1:14 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Sep 10 2012]
Children
No Data
Related