AB Fader crossfade on manual hold

How can I reset the AB fader to go to 100% fadeout like the CD fader does?  I presume someone before me set this and I am needing to have the fadeout complete instead of getting stuck at 56%. Is this a hold issue?  How do I correct this?  It happens on every cue on the AB fader.   Even when I raise and lower the faders the up completes the fade but the down returns to 56%.  Any insights would be helpful.  Thank you.

[edited by: msmichls at 5:51 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Jun 12 2013]
Parents
  • It sounds like you have either a dirty or broken fader in your AB pair.

You can confirm this by deep clearing the console and seeing if the problem remains in a new show. This is easily accomplished buy running a Diagnostic system clear from the setup menus (save your show first). This will clear all settings in the desk.

If the problem persists, I suggest a few squirts of DeOxit or some other Cramolin based cleaner ( ask your sound engineer what they use to clean their faders and borrow it) into the fader then run it up and down a few times.

If that doesn't fix it, it may well be the fader itself. You can contact your local ETC dealer for service. This is a fast and easy replacement.

Hope this helps!

• It sounds like you have either a dirty or broken fader in your AB pair.

You can confirm this by deep clearing the console and seeing if the problem remains in a new show. This is easily accomplished buy running a Diagnostic system clear from the setup menus (save your show first). This will clear all settings in the desk.

If the problem persists, I suggest a few squirts of DeOxit or some other Cramolin based cleaner ( ask your sound engineer what they use to clean their faders and borrow it) into the fader then run it up and down a few times.

If that doesn't fix it, it may well be the fader itself. You can contact your local ETC dealer for service. This is a fast and easy replacement.

Hope this helps!

Children
No Data
Related