MTC on Emphasis

I'm currently working on a show that will require timecode as most of our musical numbers have 80+ cues in them. I'm using show cue system for pc and using a usb audio interface (emu 0404) to output the msc commands and mtc to the back of the board. The setup works perfectly. I'm using mtc commands to start the first cue of the song, as mtc takes about 2 seconds for the board to catch onto it and the mtc takes it from there

However, the problem is after between 5 seconds to a minute of running timecode, the whole board locks up. The timecode on the screen freezes, all effects running slow to a crawl, even stopping completely for seconds at a time, and the computer itself is slowed to a point where i cant do anything. I can't open files menus. If i try to move a floating window, it can take more than a minute to move and so on. The board itself won't do anything either. I cant use any buttons and the submasters don't do anything. The only way to fix it is to hard reset the computer. 

I noticed that when I enabled midi in the settings, it was labled as "EMIDI." Does this refer to midi over ethernet? I may be wrong to assume this, but I feel that if this were the case and I were to output the timecode from show cue via ethernet, it would free up bandwidth on the ethernet cable betwen the board and the switch. I don't know if that's possible, but its a thought. The switch is a 10/100 so I don't see the switch being the issue.

Related