Multipule Fading Channel Effects

Hey all....Im a high school student, and I am trying to write a cue that will make 7 channels of mine each fade independantly and at a little bit of an off set. I kinda want to get the effect of motion/dream/fantasy. Any ideas? I need help quick.

Thanks,

EHSTC-WVIK

• There are two quick ways to accomplish this: you can either link multiple cues together to run off of one go command, or you can use multipart cues.  Descriptions and details of how to accomplish both of these are well described in the manual which can be downloaded here:

http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/manuals/Express_Two-scene_Preset_v3.1_User_Manual.pdf 

Multipart cues can be found in chapter 9 and information on Link and Follow can be found in chapter 7.  If you have any questions, or need any additional assistance, you can feel free to contact me or, of course,  ETC tech services.

Best,

John

• Just to clarify, which model console are you using?

The link John provided is for an Express 24/48, 48/96 or 72/144.

[edited by: mgarrison at 9:43 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Feb 27 2008]
  • True enough.  I shouldn't assume, just because it is a High School, they are not running an Obsession line console.  I chose the Express as it seemed the most likely to me, and the syntax would be basically the same for both Expression and Emphasis.

Best,

John 

[edited by: doctrjohn at 10:38 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Feb 27 2008]
  • I am the head student tech at Garland High School and have had success using effects programmed into submasters for a variety of concerts and other events. You might consider investigating this, as I believe you can achieve what you're looking for this way. The manual for your product will have more info.

What system do you have? I have been doing this in an Expression with Emphasis system.

[edited by: lbgaus at 11:20 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Feb 27 2008]
  • Im sorry, I forgot to mention what system I have. I have a Express 48/96 with 114 dimmers and channels
  • Q 1 - Ch's 1-7 @ F

Q 2.1 - Ch's 1 @ 0, Ch's 2-7 @ F, time 5, Follow 4 (or Follow 6 for a lag)

Q 2.2 - Ch's 2 @ 0, Ch's 3-7 @ F, Time 5, Follow 4

Q 2.3 - Ch's 3 @ 0, Ch's 4-7 @ F, Time 5, Follow 4

Q 2.4 - Ch's 4 @ 0, Ch's 5-7 @ F, Time 5, Follow 4

Q 2.5 - Ch's 5 @ 0, Ch's 6-7 @ F, Time 5, Follow 4

Q 2.6 - Ch's 6 @ 0, Ch 7 @ F, Time 5, Follow 4

Q 2.2 - Ch's 7 @ 0 

SB

[edited by: Steve Bailey at 8:13 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Feb 28 2008]
Related