Dimmer Ghosting with an Expression 3 Console

I find that every time I shut down either one or several of the lights from the last cue executed "ghost" at fullfor about fifteen minutes; regardless of their level in the final cue.  A technician told me this was a common DMX protocol problem, but I have trouble believing that since I have used Sensor Racks with a wide range of consoles in the past and I have never had a problem every time; in fact I can only think of one instance where it was not a human error and that was due partially to the failure of an Obession 600 processor, I am sure.  Is this a problem with the Expression 3?  I never ran into this problem using an Express 250, Express 48/96, Insight II, Expression, Expression 2x, Obsession 600, Obsession 2, Hog 1000, Whole Hog II or Ideas 48.  Is it an installation issue of my sensor rack or am I getting "dirty" power in?  This just seems too wasteful and taxing to be a common unfixable issue.

Thanx

Sean

PS Feel free to move to a different board if this is the wrong one. 

• Someone at ETC may correct me, but I believe this is a known and old issue with Expression/Insight, and how they can sometimes send a random spike in the DMX line at power down.  The racks then hold last look upon loss of DMX and shutdown after whatever pre-determined clear time is set in the CEM's

Easiest solution is to clear fadars and all outputs (park, etc...), un-plug the DMX line(s), then power down and re-plug DMX.

Steve B.

• Is there a more complicated and permanent solution?  We are planning on investing in a few moving lights, but as we are a University this will become prohibitively expensive.  Also, I find Congo difficult to teach speedy programming and given my experience with the EOS, there is no way I would recommend that console for at least few more years.  Which pretty much mean a used Obsession, that option will be frowned upon, or a the new HogIII.  Is my understanding that the Obsession was discontinued erroneous?
Related