Some channels/submasters inexplicably full at 1%

I'm using an Express 24/48 board, and I'm having a problem where, randomly, some submasters and some channels will go full when their slider is set to 1% or higher. I have checked, and the issue is not the dimmer profiles -- they are all set to linear. Furthermore, the problem does not appear to be with specific dimmers; e.g. the sliders for channels 2, 5, and 11 all work okay, but my submasters containing those same channels is affected by the problem.

Does anyone know what might be going on here? Any help would be much appreciated!

Parents
  • I just had this same problem on 9/29/14 with a block of dimmers in a newly-installed rack (NOT an ETC rack!). On the advice of the consultant who suggested this system, I powered down the rack, pulled out the bottom 4 cards and looked for a switch to make sure the rack was terminated. I didn't see the switch, but I did see a little blue wire that was NOT attached to a bus bar. I put the cards back in, powered up the rack, and all of a sudden the problem was solved. Still trying to figure out why. I don't know what's worse: equipment that doesn't work, or equipment that does work but I don't know why.
  • I just had this same problem on 9/29/14 with a block of dimmers in a newly-installed rack (NOT an ETC rack!). On the advice of the consultant who suggested this system, I powered down the rack, pulled out the bottom 4 cards and looked for a switch to make sure the rack was terminated. I didn't see the switch, but I did see a little blue wire that was NOT attached to a bus bar. I put the cards back in, powered up the rack, and all of a sudden the problem was solved. Still trying to figure out why. I don't know what's worse: equipment that doesn't work, or equipment that does work but I don't know why.
Children
No Data
Related