expression

hi all,

is there a way to use the expression off-line software with the original expression?  i have a usb floppy reader, but it shows the disk i have copied a show onto as a unreadable disk in mac and as an unformatted drive in windows 7...

thanks

Parents
  • Hi there -

If you mean an original Expression (with no numbers or other letters behind its name) then no, the current Expression Offline software won't recognize the file format. To edit offline you would need to use the still-available-but-possibly-tricky-to-install ETCEdit software (use the Search box at the top of the www.etcconnect.com homepage). The caveat comes from ETCEdit being rather old. I believe it needs a Windows computer with a version of Windows on it that still knows something of DOS, so Win2000 or earlier, I think. (It might actually need Win95 or earlier - I honestly cannot remember.)

Might it not be easier to edit the show on the console itself?

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi there -

If you mean an original Expression (with no numbers or other letters behind its name) then no, the current Expression Offline software won't recognize the file format. To edit offline you would need to use the still-available-but-possibly-tricky-to-install ETCEdit software (use the Search box at the top of the www.etcconnect.com homepage). The caveat comes from ETCEdit being rather old. I believe it needs a Windows computer with a version of Windows on it that still knows something of DOS, so Win2000 or earlier, I think. (It might actually need Win95 or earlier - I honestly cannot remember.)

Might it not be easier to edit the show on the console itself?

Thanks -

Sarah

Children
Related