Express-Running Effects conncurrently with Cues

olsonluke
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 5:57 PM 

I have a cueing situation where I need to run an effect and have it keep running underneath multiple cues? Is there a way I can make that happen without using submasters - which are not available because the booth is so cramped that the stage managers book sits on them - and without using the second fader, which is broken. If that's even possible, is it possible to run multiple simultaneous effects under the same conditions?

Thanks,

Luke

Matt Garrison
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:18 AM 

I'm gonna go with "no". You've eliminated the two other ways to play effects.

One wacky workaround suggestion: write a macro to activate the submaster buttons you can't access, since the Macro Recall button is accessible.

travisres
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 12:28 AM 

What Matt said but with a tweak. I used to use Macro's to trigger Effects on subs all the time as more often then not, they would indeed need to run longer than a single cue. You don't even need the Macro Recall button as you can link a cue to a macro. So learn a macro that presses the bump button of the sub with your macro. Then just link the macro to the cue. You'll notice when you press link, it will offer you to link to a cue or a macro. Then to stop the macro, just link to the same macro.

Its been quite some time, but you may have to put a follow on the cue as well to "follow" to the link. So if you want the effect to trigger with the cue, I think put a follow 0 on the cue.

I think on Express you can't write a "sub bump on" and "sub bump off" macro, only sub bump, so you essentially get a toggle state of the effect so you can use the same macro for on and off. The downside of this is if somehow you skip a cue or trigger the macro by mistake, and then fire the macro, it doesn't know "hey, turn the macro on", it just knows "hey, press this bump button".

If you need a que to trigger an effect, but then also follow to another cue, you will have to write a macro that after it bumps the sub button, has a Macro Wait for your follow time and then presses Go AB (or CD).

That make sense?

Related