Open Emphasis backup file (.ecs extension)

I programmed a show with an ETC Emphasis console and I made a backup. Now, I have the backup file with a .ecs extension, but I no longer have the console.
I downloaded the ETC software for EOS Family, but I couldn't open the file.
Is there any way of open the .ecs file in my computer to get a report of the show? Other peple told me to export it to ASCII and open the file in another desk, but I don't know if it's possible.

Thank you very much.

Parents
  • It is possible, but will take a little bit of translation to do it.

First download the Expression Offline software. Once this is installed then you can Import your .ecs file into the Expression Offline [File-- Import Show]. Once you have the show loaded into Expression Offline we can convert it to ASCII [Convert-- Write ASCII...].

You can now take this ASCII file and import it into the Eos you have. [File-- Import-- USITT ASCII-- As Library Fixtures-- Browse to your file].

Once this is done you should be able to access your Emphasis file on the Eos.
  • Thanks matthewwcarroll.
    To import the .ecs file, does it have to be stored in a floppy disk?
    Because I backuped the show with a USB stick and tried to load the file in Expression Offline going to "File--> Load" but I couldn't do it. Seems to be that the software only admits to open .shw files...
    The show was programmed in an Insight 2 with Emphasis console.
    If you say that is has to be imported form a floppy, I'll try to do it tomorrow.

Thank you again.
  • You can do it off a usb drive. Expression Offline is looking for a .shw file, which is why we need to Import the .ecs file rather than open it.

If you go to [File--> Import File] in Expression Offline rather than Open or Load then it should allow you to import it. I used to do this for designers regularly when I was running an Emphasis system and they wanted to make offline edits.

I just opened Expression Offline up again and do not see an option for Load in the File Menu. Can you double check that you chose Import rather than Open.

Thanks.
  • You can do it off a usb drive. Expression Offline is looking for a .shw file, which is why we need to Import the .ecs file rather than open it.

If you go to [File--> Import File] in Expression Offline rather than Open or Load then it should allow you to import it. I used to do this for designers regularly when I was running an Emphasis system and they wanted to make offline edits.

I just opened Expression Offline up again and do not see an option for Load in the File Menu. Can you double check that you chose Import rather than Open.

Thanks.
Children
Related