Transfering Express patch to Expression 3

Hello All,

If this question is covered someplace else, please excuse me!  I have an Express 48/96 that is currently in our main space.  We just got our Expression 2x back from the ETC shop and the first thing I did was software upgrade it to Expression 3x.  Now I need to take the Express to another space, but would really like to save the time and use the same patch in the Expression 3.  I just need to get through this weekend, then I'll be repatching a whole new plot!

So...is it possible to take the disk straight out of the Express and into the Expression3?

Thanks in advance,

Pat

patiently waiting for my new Ion...ok...not so patiently!

Parents
  • Hi Pat!

Expression/Insight 2/2x/3 and Express Consoles running the same software version number (which you can check by going into setup and checking the bottom right corner of the screen) share the same show file format.  I suspect everything you're talking about is running version 3.1 software.  In that case, yes you should be able to save on the Express and load it on the Expression.

• Hi Pat!

Expression/Insight 2/2x/3 and Express Consoles running the same software version number (which you can check by going into setup and checking the bottom right corner of the screen) share the same show file format.  I suspect everything you're talking about is running version 3.1 software.  In that case, yes you should be able to save on the Express and load it on the Expression.

Children
  • Hey Tracy!

Thanks for the quick response...So more or less, because I have the most current Expression 3 software, I need to have the most current Express software (which I am pretty sure this board *doesn't*). Can I update the Express, reload the patch, then take it over to the Expression 3?

Thanks again!

Pat 

• I'd be pretty surprised if the express isn't running 3.1 honestly.  I don't think I've run across many that aren't in recent history.

At any event, to your question.  You can most likely just load it into the expression without having to do anything on the express.  If you run into a problem, then you could try the route you described.

Related